direkt zum Inhalt springen

direkt zum Hauptnavigationsmenü

Sie sind hier

TU Berlin

Inhalt des Dokuments

How do I apply for bachelor studies or master studies in physics?

For information about your application, please refer to the office of Student Affairs.

Whom may I ask my questions?

Up-to-date information can be found on the website for international affairs of the TU Berlin.

I'm going to study at TU Berlin by means of the Erasmus program. Can you help me to pick my courses?

A list of courses can be found here for the Bachelor program and here for the Master program. Elective courses in the latter list are mostly out of date. An up-to-date list of required elective courses in the Master program can be found here. If you any have difficulities, don't hesitate to contact us.

I want to persue doctoral studies at TU Berlin. Where should I start?

Two information sources to start with:

To chose a research group, refer to the website of the Physical Departments and the Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics or the list of doctoral programs.

When you are determined about you doctoral studies, please contact the delegate for doctoral studies at school II, Ms. Sigrid Krajewski.

I need a professor of TU Berlin to be my academic supervisor. How do I find one?

In principle you are free to choose you supervisor. Either you can browse the research groups here and contact the head of your group of interest. Or write an application to the head of one of the departments:

Department of theoretical physics
Prof. Dr. Andreas Knorr
Center for astronomy and astrophysics
Prof. Dr. D. Breitschwerdt
Department of optical and atomic physics
Prof. Dr. Michael Lehmann
Department of solid state physics
Prof. Dr. Michael Kneissl



Is there a doctoral school at TU Berlin. What is the language of education?

Unfortunately there is no doctoral school in physics. But a list of doctoral programs can be found here.

The language of education in the doctoral programs is English. However lectures in the Master program are held in German.

Who is responsible for recognition of my degree?

Please contact one of the professors of the Examinition Board.

Zusatzinformationen / Extras


Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe

Diese Seite verwendet Matomo für anonymisierte Webanalysen. Mehr Informationen und Opt-Out-Möglichkeiten unter Datenschutz.

Erasmus coordinator

Prof. Dr. Birgit Kanngießer
+49 (0)30-314 21428
Eugene-Paul-Wigner-Gebäude (EW)
Raum EW 337